Thursday, November 5, 2009

Campus Life Good Boy Gone Bad #10: The greener grass in the village!

“I will miss you, so much,” I whispered to Stella’s ear as I held her close.

“I will miss you too hon…But remember you promised to come visit me over the holiday,” Stella whispered back.

“Mzeiya gari inataka kuondoka,” the tout shouted.

“I will call daily and I will visit you!” I kissed her cheek then released her.

I wondered how I was going to endure two months in Stella’s absence. Just the other day, we had parted all night, threw caution to the wind and imagined that were the only ones in the world! As the Matatu navigated the corners, I wiped a tear that trickled down my cheek.

Even as I boarded a Matatu to the Great Rift, I felt nervous. It was time to face the man who pays for the damn thing; my dad. My dad was one person whom you could lie to on phone but not face to face. To make it worse he could just let you lie and lie until you entangle yourself in your own lies. The only solace was that there was no report card to take home! As I stepped on our gate, the dogs backed, clearly forgetting who I was!

“Come one Simba! Hey Rain! You are back!” Wesley, our shamba boy could not hide his joy. He shook my hand, almost breaking it.

“So how is the city?” that was a way of asking what I had brought him. I handed him a pair of jeans and his yellowed dental formula was all out.

“Thank you so much!”

“You are welcome.” I said as I handed him my luggage.

“You see Ann, that woman who lives next to the church? She gave birth to twins but the kids are dissimilar to her husband, I keep telling people that she separated her legs for that white missionary!”

At that point I knew he was beginning his cumulative updates and even though I was tired I heard to listen. “Dan died too last month, he was too old. Did you hear that Simon too died? No? Well people suspect that it was ulcers but I think it’s mdudu! Ever since he kept bringing different women to his house I knew he was courting trouble.” Wesley continued with his chatter at which point I lost him.

He was one person who duty was to bring me up to speed with every development. “Your dad did sell that goat…blah blah” until he mentioned a name. “You remember Emma?” Wesley said holding my shirt.

“Emma? Is she still in school?”

“No she completed form four and she has been asking for you. She wants to come to the city. And by the way she has grown very pretty!” Wesley winked at me knowing well that last statement would ignite my interest.

A few minutes latter I was seated on our patio, sipping a glass of milk, when Emma gently pushed our gate. Our veranda was in such a position that you can see someone from the gate walking to the house. She surely had grown beautiful. Her full figure was complemented by her attire and as she walked to the main house, her butt wiggled and swung in rhythm and in sync.

“Emma! Welcome long time no see! You look beautiful! Your mother must be treating you so well,” I enthused as I engulfed her in a bear hug I felt her immense energy. She had learnt to hug so tightly!

“Rain, it is good to see you after all this time! How is Nairobi?”

“Nothing much, just masomo! It never ends!”

Boy isn’t amazing how girls grow. It was just the other day, when Emma was just a confused pimpled faced teenager, roughing boys and throwing insult at any of them that looked her direction, but now my eyes were all over again. And now I was running up and down thinking what to offer her. Then I unloaded my package of the latest DVDs at least that would give me a reason to visit her. The unfortunate person was my cousin whom the DVDs were destined for in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment