Thursday, November 5, 2009

Campus Life Good Boy Gone Bad #18: Cat Fight, Dog Fight!

“No, not so fast Rain,” Stella shouted roughing up my shirt.

“Who is she?” Chema said.

“Rain, who is she?” Stella said authoritatively, pushing Chema with her hand. Chema being slightly shorter and therefore with a stronger centre of gravity, was able to withstand Stella’s force.

What does a girl feel when she has caught her philandering boyfriend pants down? She feels superior, she feels right in charge yet at the same time, she feels ripped off; she feels used and cheated.

“B****, who are you?” Stella directed her expletive to Chema.

“Who are you calling b****?’ Chema responded back. “Rain is she your girlfriend?” Chema turned her attention to me.

“Ladies, we can settle this outside amicably….” Stella’s slap caught me off guard, and it landed on my cheek nice and proper, so much so that I staggered almost falling down. And she did not stop there, she slapped Chema too but Chema had seen it coming. She blocked it and reached for her waist pushing her to the ground. Stella however would not go down alone so she held Chema firmly and pushed her to the ground too. They rolled on the floor several times, exchanging unprintable names.

I tried to separate the two but, I regretted it. Stella scratched my face several times; her finger nails had turned to cat like claws and as they dipped into my soft facial skin, I felt unimaginable pain. In a distance, the man responsible for all this was all smiles. It was time to leave the cats alone and head for a fellow dog.

“Chris, f*** you! What were you thinking?”

“I told you Rain, you will never win in this war.”

It was unwise for Chris to utter such words. In split second timing, I reached for a chair and hit him. In an attempt to dive, the chair caught up with his forehead. I was not about to let him go, so I aimed at his back and he howled like dog. That is when I directed a kick aiming at his stomach but this was a wrong timing. Chris caught my leg mid-air and pushed it backwards. I landed on a nearby table breaking the utensils. The rumblings alerted the waiters who came running.

“Useless, kwani mnafikiria hapa ni Kasarani gymnasium?” One bellowed out as he held my hand. “Wewe kuja hapa,” he directed it to Chris but Chris quickly disappeared.

“Boss, usijali,” I replied, wiping blood that was clotting on my lips. “It’s that boy who has brought out all this,”

Hiyo mpaka mbele mwanaume,” the head waiter yelled out. Stella and Chema had also stopped their fight.

“It won’t happen again sir” I replied. I reached for my pocket and removed a thousand bob.

Hiyo Kiswahili haitoshi mzeiya,” he replied now softening his stance.

Tafadhali boss, it won’t happen again,” I pleaded. He let me go, with a warning that if ever he caught me again, I would have to be a guest of the State. I knew there was not going to be a next time. As I walked out, I left the two (Chema and Stella) to sort themselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment