Thursday, November 5, 2009

Campus Life Good Boy Gone Bad #12: Court Martial!

The sound of a roaring landrover, woke me up. It was 8 o’clock and the military man was already in the compound. I peered through the window and after parking his earth mover, he went straight to my dad who was outside taking his breakfast.

“Rain, you are in trouble! Dad wants to see you!” Wesley shouted knocking at my door.

“Go away, tell him I will come,” I said as I lazily put on my boxers and my trousers. I headed first to the kitchen to take breakfast. I was buying time so that my dad could calm down the irate Army Man.

“Rainmaker! Come over here!” My dad shouted his lungs out. He was angry, I could tell from his tone. I strolled slowly towards the two. Emma’s dad was in tight t-shirt that exaggerated his biceps and well built torso. He wore military trousers and combat boots; uh scary! I stretched out my hand for a handshake but he shoved it away.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” my dad yelled out.

“What are you talking about?” I played innocence.

“First I asked you to be here, but you have been wasting my time!”

“Well…I…” I stammered with nothing to say in my defense.

Emma’s dad heavy breathing scared me, but I felt a little consolation in my dad’s presence. He had not uttered a word and I did not know what was going in his mind; he just kept breathing like an overburdened bull.

“What were you doing with Timon’s daughter?” my dad’s glare was on me.

“Yes, what do you want from my daughter?” Timon held me by my shoulder, and it hurt very much.

“Nothing, just catching up..” my voice was barely audible.

“Young man don’t play games with me!” Timon’s baritone voice kept increasing in steps such that the last one came out as a roar. He squeezed my shoulder more and I cringed in pain.

“Rain, what kind of an adult are YOU? I thought you were mature! Any man that who keeps following women is a person who has lost direction. If you are guided by an erection, then there is nothing you will achieve. You are doomed to failure my son and if you want to go in that direction, then you have my full curse. It is a shame, I thought University education would make you wiser. Immorality will surely lead to your downfall Youngman…”

Listening to my dad utter such words to me was more painful than a cane. I felt like walking away from them, but I could not.

“You are ultimately responsible for your life or destruction…” my dad said with a grim of finality.

“I should never see you near my Emma or my house!” Timon bellowed out just to rub it in.

I headed straight to my room pushing away Wesley who wanted a breakdown of all the unfolding. I bolted the door and as I recounted every word my dad had uttered, it was a bitter pill to swallow. At that point I reached out for my cell-phone knowing that only one person would calm me down.

“Hallo,” I whispered feebly.

“Hon, what’s up?” Stella’s soothing voice came through the phone.

“It’s my dad, we argued over…..over….” what was I supposed to say?

“Tell me baby, what did your dad say to you?”

“Well it is about his old rickety vehicle, I took it out without his permission and now he is blaming me for everything!” My imaginations had come in handy.

“Don’t worry swiry, we shall one day buy our own car, just try to understand him,” Stella was all the medication I needed. She was so sweet and I was already feeling better!


No comments:

Post a Comment