Thursday, November 5, 2009

Campus Life Good Boy; Gone Bad #22: Proof!

“Seems everyone has gone home,” I said as I closed the window.

“I am getting late, I have to go,” Chema said then straightened up her clothes. I inched closer to her then run my hands on her face. She smiled coyly then reached for my hands. She held my fingers, pressing each in turn as though she was counting them.

“Rain, where I stay one cannot afford to stay out for too long,” she said.

“It’s only 7! And I will accompany you,” I said.



She packed her books and placed them on her bag. I busied myself with rearranging the room and shutting down the computers. I quickly thought of taking her home but I knew my Uncle would create a fuss and ultimately inform my dad about his bad boy. She on the other hand, lived with her sister so going to her home was not an option.


Walking in the dimly lit streets of Nakuru holding her close to me felt like I was walking in the Garden of Eden. Every scent felt good, every music blaring from all the shops endeared to my ears. Seventh Heaven it was. Even as we conversed I wished the whole scenario would be converted to a romantic movie scene where I would be at the beach with the lovely Chema.

“Ouch!” Chema cried out. Things had happened swiftly and the only thing I saw was a street kid running so fast with Chema’s purse. “Uuuuuui! Mwizi!” She screamed. I had no time to think so I dashed off immediately after the thug.


My speed proved to be impressive. As I improved the pace I realized the street kid was much more built than I was and if there was to be a confrontation, chances of a win were slim. However, that did not deter me as I ran faster shouting to all the passers-by “Mwizi! Mwizi! Shika huyo!”


I had the advantage of running from behind him and as he was a metre ahead I stretched my leg and kicked his foot with all my energy. The thug fell with a thud, scattering the contents of the purse just in front of him. I kicked his head several times shouting and cursing with fervour. As more people joined in administering punishment, I collected Chema’s belongings and left. Honestly I did not care if he would survive the beating.


I found Chema still rooted to her position. “I managed to get him, have your bag,” I said then handed the bag to her.

“I am still in shock! Thank you,” she whispered. I held her close only to realize her involuntary shaking. We walked the few metres to where she stayed in silence. At the gate I bid her goodnight then headed home.



Back home, I could not help but muse over the whole scenario. Unless you have been hitting the gym everyday every man would hate being caught up in such a scenario. With a thug and a girl he loves especially if the thug (as most of them are) well built it usually dents a man’s ego. Luck was on my side I must say.


I reached for my pillow when my phone beeped and two text messages streamed in. First was from Chema: “Thanks so much! Thank you! Good night”. The second was from Stella: “Hi, I hope your day was good. Mine was good too. How is Nakuru? I wish you would be here to help me through this maths. Otherwise have a good night.” I checked my balance and there was only an amount to reply to one SMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment