Thursday, November 5, 2009

Campus Life Good Boy Gone Bad #15: “Chema Chajiuza!"

Maina’s concept of marketing was actually paying off. In a week’s time there were three computer students at Next Generation International College. In fact when he asked me how he could source for a new employee, I quickly called Chris to come to Nakuru. One of the new students, Chema, had an interesting problem with computers.

Chema was slightly short, but this was countered by her perfect figure; her classic face, her pure complexion and her flawless row of snow white teeth, all too endearing. She was stunning but computers did not see how that could be translated to 1s and 0s.

“Where is the start button?” Chema inquired when I instructed her to open a word document.

“It should be at the bottom of the screen,” I replied as I monitored the other students.

“I can’t see it,” Chema replied.

“Okay let me help you.” I moved closer to her, placed my hand on top of hers as I helped her navigate the mouse on the computer screen.

Even as I moved closer to her, I was sucked up to the ambience of her cologne. I rubbed myself softly to her ponytailed hair, it felt so good inhaling the fragrance of her hair gel. “I thought Start was some button that you use a hand and not a mouse!” she said as I clicked on the Start button. “Don’t worry; soon you will be proficient with this machine. It’s Start>All Programs>Microsoft office>Microsoft Office Word,” I was actually whispering to her ear, almost biting it. Now I new why they said teaching is a noble profession!

The century old computers were taking ages to load much to my advantage. I took my time, holding her hand and hovering the cursor on the monitor several times while clicking unnecessarily on the mouse. At times I patted her back and rubbed it slowly as I repeated the instructions again and again.

“You know I am quite a slow learner so you will have to take me slowly,” she said softly then smiled, while facing me.

I cleared my throat and to show that I was the lecturer in charge, I tried out a baritone voice, “You will soon realize how computers are so easy to operate,” the voice came out like a tweet. I guess her charm was unshakable!

“So, Mr. Rain you are a computer scientist?”

“No, actually I am an engineer,”

“So how is it being an engineer?”

“Well, I would like to say that we just doing God’s work, you see God said let there be light, but he actually meant during the day only, then an electrical engineer came in and said let there be light at night too and there was light!”

“Mr. Rain, that is so cool!” she was truly impressed.

The Word Program was now open and I gave her a newspaper clip where she could begin typing. I did not know that finding ‘W’ on a keyboard could be that hard! I moved over to the other students who were already far ahead with their typing. When I took a break and went to the reception, I was surprised to find Chris there.

“Hey, Rain, long time man!”

“Yea, it’s been, how have you been?” I shook his hand several times.

“I have been good… is she a student,” Chris said pointing to Chema.

“Oh yes she is….”

“Man, her butt is her best ASSet! Now you have Stella and I got to have her!.... God I love Nakuru!” Chris was already moving in Chema’s direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment